Visit our COVID-19 Information pages for details regarding the coronavirus as it relates to the Chickasaw Nation.
Our Nation > Government > Justice Division

Justice Division

The justice division is not able to provide legal advice to individual citizens for personal matters. Please see the resources listed below for personal legal assistance.

The justice division provides legal support to the Chickasaw Nation Executive Department. In addition, the justice division prosecutes criminal and civil matters brought on behalf of the Chickasaw Nation in the Chickasaw Nation District Court, and performs probation case management for adult and juvenile offenders.

As full-time legal counsel for the Chickasaw Nation, the justice division does not offer legal services to individual Chickasaws. Citizens in need of legal advice for personal matters may contact the Oklahoma Indian Legal Services, Inc.

Oklahoma Indian Legal Services (OILS)

For more than 30 years, Oklahoma Indian Legal Services has provided legal services to low-income Native Americans living in Oklahoma. OILS assists all Native Americans who are members of federally recognized tribes in a wide variety of legal matters.

Specializing in the areas of laws concerning tribal, state and federal laws, OILS staff of attorneys specializes in cases that include Indian Child Welfare Act, issues involving restricted lands, Indian housing and the individual rights of Native Americans.

For more information about Oklahoma Indian Legal Services, visit or call (800) 658-1497.

Additional Legal Resources

Chickasaw Bar Association

Chickasaw Nation District Court
(580) 235-0279

Native American Law Center University of Tulsa
(918) 631-2401

Oklahoma Legal Aid Services
(888) 534-5243

University of Oklahoma Legal Clinic
(405) 325-3702

University of Tulsa College of Law
(918) 631-2401

Prisoners’ Rights Resources

Huy (tribal nonprofit organization)
P.O. Box 15146
Seattle, WA 98115

Oklahoma City University School of Law
Oklahoma Innocence Clinic
(405) 208-6161
800 N. Harvey
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Indian Land/Estate Planning Resources

Oklahoma City University
American Indian Wills Clinic
(405) 208-5017

Office of Special Trustee for American Indians Beneficiary Call Center
(888) 678-6836